Frequently Asked Questions
What to bring?
- Sun hat;
- Sun screen;
- Suitable footwear for the beach and island walks;
- Casual and resort style clothing for daytime, smart casual for the evening;
What time is check-in?
What time is check-out?
If I arrive early can I check-in?
- Early check-in is subject to availability on arrival at the resort. Please ask our reception staff on arrival if your room is ready and you may be able to check-in early. To guarantee an early check-in, you are able to book the room a day prior to arrival. Day rooms are available for use free of charge in the event an early check-in is not available (day rooms may be shared by other guests).
Can I organise a late check-out?
- It is possible to extend your check-out subject to availability. Please enquire with our reception staff the day before your departure. Day rooms are available for use free of charge in the event a late check-out is not available (day rooms may be shared by other guests).
What is the Smoking policy?
- Matamanoa has a NO SMOKING policy within all Villas, Bures, Resort Rooms, Restaurant and internal lounge areas. Ash trays are provided outside all rooms on the verandas and on the outdoor tables around the Central Facility Area.
How do I get to Matamanoa from Nadi International Airport by helicopter?
- Helicopter staff meet passengers at the arrival concourse at Nadi International Airport then transfer them by vehicle to the helicopter hangar (3 minutes) for departure to Matamanoa Island.
What is the earliest and latest departure times for helicopter?
- Helicopters fly within daylight hours; typically 6:30am to 5:00pm or 6:00pm during daylight saving. Daylight saving starts in November (clock forward) and ends in January (clock backward). For specific dates please contact our reservations staff at firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I get to Matamanoa from Nadi International Airport by private water taxi/speed boat?
- Taxi or private car transfer from Nadi International Airport to Port Denarau Marina, at own expense (approximately 25 minutes).
What is the earliest and latest departure times for private water taxi/speed boat?
- Departures from Port Denarau Marina from 8:00am until 3:00pm;
- Departures from Matamanoa Island Resort from 8:00am until 4:00pm.
How do I get to Matamanoa from my hotel via South Sea Cruises?
- South Sea Cruises high speed catamaran departs Port Denarau Marina twice daily at 9:15am and 3:00pm. South Sea Cruises offer free coach transfers from most Nadi and Denarau hotels
Do you have Wi-Fi?
- Wireless internet is available at the Central Facility Area free of charge;
- Wi-Fi is also available in the Beach Front Villas
Do you have radios/stereos in the rooms?
- Each room is fitted with a Tivoli Albergo clock radio with Bluetooth, pair and connect your smart phone, tablet, or other Bluetooth enabled-device, and begin wirelessly streaming your favorite music
Do you have a gym?
- Matamanoa has a Calisthenics Frame equipped with: Monkey Bar, Sweedish Ladder, Pull-Up Bars, Push-Up Bars, Rings, Bench and Parallel Bars
How many rooms do you have?
- 10 Beachfront Villas
- 24 Beachfront Bures
- 13 Garden View Resort Rooms
How far is the beach from the rooms?
- Beachfront Bures and Villas – between 3 to 6 metres
- Resort Rooms – between 20 to 50 metres
Do you provide beach towels?
- Yes, provided daily
Is there an Iron in the room?
- The Villas and Bures have an iron and ironing board in the rooms. For those staying in Resort Rooms, an iron and ironing board is available from housekeeping or reception.
What power point plug do you use?
- The electric current is 240 volts AC 50Hz. Fiji has three-pin power outlets, which are identical to Australia and New Zealand.
Do you have a business centre?
- We do not have a business centre however our Front Office team can assist you if you need photocopying (charges will apply).
Are there safes in the rooms?
Are there televisions in the rooms?
Do you accept credit cards?
- We accept Visa, MasterCard and American Express. We also exchange travellers’ cheques and foreign country notes. Please note there is a 4% surcharge on credit card transactions, we recommend paying by cash in order to avoid the surcharge.
What are the climate conditions?
Tropical climate with average daily temperatures of around 32°C (92°F) in Spring/
Summer (Sep-Feb—wet season Dec-Mar) and average daily temperatures
around 27°C (82°F) in Autumn/Winter (Mar-Aug).
During November to February, water temperatures can be as high as 29°C (84°F), and on average 24°C (79°F) between June and October.
Can I snorkel directly off the beach?
Yes, the surrounding reefs are accessible directly from the beach. It is important to swim and snorkel within the visible line of site of Deep Blue Diving & Water Sports staff and to stay clear of the boat entry/exit channel, which is marked by buoys.
Matamanoa coral reefs are a marine sanctuary, our reefs are beautiful and pristine and we request your assistance in maintaining the beauty of our reefs for future generations, please do not stand on the coral, please do not remove any living shell or coral from the reef, regeneration of coral is a very long process.
When swimming or snorkeling, please make sure your jewellery is secure, your fingers can shrink a little in the water and rings may slip off and become lost.
Can I bring my own fishing rod and fish from the beach?
Fishing from the beach is not allowed as Matamanoa is situated in a Marine Sanctuary. However Deep Blue Diving & Water Sports offer daily fishing trips including hand fishing lines and fishing rods (charges apply).
When can I use the hobie cats and canoes?
Hobie cats and canoes are available for use during half or full tide, the equipment cannot be used during low tide in order to protect our reefs. Please ask one of our Water Sports or Activities Staff for their assistance when using any of the water sports equipment. Life vests must be worn at all times.
What are the restaurant hours of operation?
- Breakfast – 7:30am to 10:00am
- Lunch – 12:00pm to 3:00pm
- Dinner – 7:00pm to 10:00pm
Do you cater for Vegetarians?